Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 0.6% against the dollar during the one day period ending at 15:00 PM ET on September 15th. Zcash has a market capitalization of $346.59 million and approximately $161.46 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Zcash has traded down 3.4% against the dollar. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for $46.71 or 0.00451818 BTC on major exchanges including CoinExchange, Bittrex, Upbit and BitBay.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.26 or 0.00099248 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $4.09 or 0.00039571 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 10% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00002927 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0563 or 0.00000544 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 23.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00001960 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 14.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0588 or 0.00000569 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0437 or 0.00000423 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bit-Z, Exmo, Cryptomate, BCEX, Cryptohub, Bitinka, Graviex, LBank, CoinEx, Braziliex, GOPAX, Gemini, Trade Satoshi, Huobi, Bitfinex, Crex24, Tux Exchange, BTC Trade UA, OTCBTC, WEX, LiteBit.eu, Instant Bitex, BigONE, Upbit, BX Thailand, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Ovis, C2CX, Mercatox, Bittrex, Kuna, Allcoin, Binance, BTC-Alpha, Coinut, BiteBTC, Gate.io, BitBay, LocalTrade, Poloniex, HitBTC, OKEx, Cryptopia, Coinrail, Coinroom, CoinExchange, Liquid, Bitlish, Altcoin Trader, Sistemkoin, Bithumb, CEX.IO, YoBit and Kraken. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.