XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 8.5% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 18:00 PM E.T. on April 5th. XRP has a market capitalization of $15.09 billion and approximately $2.44 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. One XRP coin can currently be bought for $0.36 or 0.00007199 BTC on popular exchanges including C2CX, Ovis, B2BX and Gatehub. In the last week, XRP has traded 17.2% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.43 or 0.00386971 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00002495 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00020032 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 5.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0272 or 0.00000542 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $83.85 or 0.01669735 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $13.45 or 0.00267932 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded 2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0075 or 0.00000148 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 11.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00006195 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 10.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0506 or 0.00001008 BTC.
- Augur (REP) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.63 or 0.00390855 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Covesting, Coinsuper, RippleFox, CoinBene, Bitfinex, Indodax, Gatehub, Bittrex, Exrates, CEX.IO, BitFlip, BTC Markets, Coindeal, B2BX, Independent Reserve, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Korbit, Bitinka, BX Thailand, Coinsquare, Kuna, HitBTC, Fatbtc, Bitso, BTC Trade UA, Stellarport, BCEX, CoinEgg, Cryptohub, Bitlish, DigiFinex, Coinrail, Bitbank, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, MBAex, Huobi, OpenLedger DEX, Liquid, Bitbns, Exmo, OKEx, CoinFalcon, Ovis, Cryptomate, Upbit, FCoin, BitBay, Vebitcoin, LakeBTC, C2CX, WazirX, Bitsane, Koinex, Ripple China, OTCBTC, Braziliex, Gate.io, Poloniex, LiteBit.eu, ZB.COM, Koineks, Binance, Bitstamp, Altcoin Trader, Zebpay, BitMarket, BtcTurk, Coinhub, DragonEX, Bithumb, GOPAX, Kraken, Coinbe, Instant Bitex, Bits Blockchain, Sistemkoin, Coinone, ABCC and Tripe Dice Exchange. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.