A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) recently:
- 1/14/2019 – Northrop Grumman was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $302.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $311.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/14/2019 – Northrop Grumman had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $350.00 to $333.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/10/2019 – Northrop Grumman is now covered by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They set a “neutral” rating and a $273.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/4/2019 – Northrop Grumman was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/19/2018 – Northrop Grumman had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Drexel Hamilton. They now have a $335.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Wes Bush will step down as CEO and Kathy Warden (current President and COO) will take his place on Jan 1, 2019. We see no change to the long- term growth plans for the company.””
- 12/13/2018 – Northrop Grumman had its price target lowered by analysts at Cowen Inc from $350.00 to $300.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 12/11/2018 – Northrop Grumman was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 12/4/2018 – Northrop Grumman had its price target lowered by analysts at Barclays PLC from $400.00 to $310.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
Shares of NYSE:NOC traded up $4.54 during midday trading on Monday, reaching $260.59. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 22,636 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,174,573. The firm has a market capitalization of $43.78 billion, a P/E ratio of 19.62, a PEG ratio of 1.19 and a beta of 0.81. Northrop Grumman Co. has a twelve month low of $223.63 and a twelve month high of $360.88. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.53, a current ratio of 1.26 and a quick ratio of 1.17.
Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) last released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, October 24th. The aerospace company reported $6.54 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $4.35 by $2.19. The firm had revenue of $8.09 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $7.99 billion. Northrop Grumman had a net margin of 9.62% and a return on equity of 38.27%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 23.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $3.67 earnings per share. Equities analysts anticipate that Northrop Grumman Co. will post 19.06 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, VP Lesley A. Kalan sold 4,158 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, November 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $285.58, for a total transaction of $1,187,441.64. Following the sale, the vice president now directly owns 10,752 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $3,070,556.16. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Also, Chairman Wesley G. Bush sold 10,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, November 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $274.73, for a total transaction of $2,747,300.00. Following the sale, the chairman now directly owns 9,600 shares in the company, valued at $2,637,408. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 16,530 shares of company stock worth $4,588,557 in the last quarter. Company insiders own 0.62% of the company’s stock.
A number of hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in NOC. Belpointe Asset Management LLC purchased a new stake in Northrop Grumman during the third quarter worth $111,000. WESPAC Advisors SoCal LLC acquired a new position in shares of Northrop Grumman in the third quarter valued at approximately $126,000. Virtus Alternative Investment Advisers Inc. acquired a new position in shares of Northrop Grumman in the third quarter valued at approximately $126,000. Stelac Advisory Services LLC acquired a new position in shares of Northrop Grumman in the third quarter valued at approximately $136,000. Finally, Honkamp Krueger Financial Services Inc. acquired a new position in shares of Northrop Grumman in the third quarter valued at approximately $138,000. 82.79% of the stock is currently owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Northrop Grumman Corporation operates as a security company for government and commercial customers worldwide. It provides products, systems, and solutions in autonomous systems; cyber; command, control, communications and computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR); strike; and logistics and modernization.
Featured Story: What are earnings reports?
Receive News & Ratings for Northrop Grumman Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Northrop Grumman Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.