Power Integrations (NASDAQ: POWI) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/17/2018 – Power Integrations was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/16/2018 – Power Integrations was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/9/2018 – Power Integrations was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Power Integrations, Inc. is a supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Their integrated circuits and diodes enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for a vast range of electronic products including mobile devices, TVs, PCs, appliances, smart utility meters and LED lights. Their SCALE IGBT drivers enhance the efficiency, reliability and cost of high-power applications such as industrial motor drives, solar and wind energy systems, electric vehicles and high-voltage DC transmission. Since its introduction, Power Integrations’ EcoSmart® energy-efficiency technology has prevented billions of dollars’ worth of energy waste and millions of tons of carbon emissions. Reflecting the environmental benefits of their products, Power Integrations’ stock is a member of clean-technology stock indices sponsored by Cleantech Group LLC and Clean Edge. “
- 10/6/2018 – Power Integrations was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/12/2018 – Power Integrations was downgraded by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $85.00.
- 9/11/2018 – Power Integrations was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
NASDAQ:POWI opened at $59.13 on Tuesday. The stock has a market capitalization of $1.72 billion, a PE ratio of 25.93 and a beta of 0.91. Power Integrations Inc has a 1-year low of $55.30 and a 1-year high of $86.60.
Power Integrations (NASDAQ:POWI) last released its earnings results on Thursday, July 26th. The semiconductor company reported $0.55 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.69 by ($0.14). The business had revenue of $109.48 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $109.33 million. Power Integrations had a return on equity of 13.07% and a net margin of 6.76%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 1.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.69 earnings per share. As a group, research analysts anticipate that Power Integrations Inc will post 2.11 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In related news, Director Balakrishnan S. Iyer sold 5,500 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 21st. The shares were sold at an average price of $73.51, for a total transaction of $404,305.00. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 20,240 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,487,842.40. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, VP Doug Bailey sold 500 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, September 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $72.95, for a total transaction of $36,475.00. Following the sale, the vice president now directly owns 53,708 shares in the company, valued at $3,917,998.60. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 11,314 shares of company stock worth $828,001 over the last ninety days. Insiders own 4.00% of the company’s stock.
Hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the stock. Citigroup Inc. grew its position in Power Integrations by 51.5% during the 1st quarter. Citigroup Inc. now owns 3,152 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $215,000 after purchasing an additional 1,071 shares during the last quarter. Dynamic Technology Lab Private Ltd purchased a new stake in Power Integrations during the 2nd quarter valued at about $268,000. Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB grew its position in Power Integrations by 62.3% during the 1st quarter. Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB now owns 4,951 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $338,000 after purchasing an additional 1,900 shares during the last quarter. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Empls Retrmt SYS purchased a new stake in Power Integrations during the 2nd quarter valued at about $457,000. Finally, Tower Research Capital LLC TRC purchased a new stake in Power Integrations during the 2nd quarter valued at about $632,000. 98.19% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors.
Power Integrations, Inc designs, develops, and markets analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), and other electronic components and circuitry used in high-voltage power conversion. The company offers a range of alternating current to direct current (DC) power conversion products that address power supply ranging from less than 1 watt of output to approximately 500 watts of output for mobile-device chargers, consumer appliances, utility meters, liquid-crystal-display monitors, main and standby power supplies for desktop computers and TVs, light-emitting diode lamps, and other consumer and industrial applications.
See Also: Cash Flow Analysis in Stock Selection
Receive News & Ratings for Power Integrations Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Power Integrations Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.