Andersons (NASDAQ: ANDE) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/16/2018 – Andersons was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong-buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Andersons has recently agreed to acquire the balance stake of 67.5% in Lansing Trade Group for approximately $305 million. The buyout will strengthen and broaden its grain business, extend specialty food and feed product offerings and further diversify its portfolio. The company will also benefit from reduction in tax rate and cost-saving efforts. Further, optimism in U.S. corn and soybean crop conditions will drive growth. Moreover, the stock has outperformed the industry over the past year. However, Andersons' Plant Nutrient Group will remain under pressure due to unfavorable margin conditions. Continued trade disruptions and deteriorating prospects for non-U.S. crop also remain headwinds. “
- 10/16/2018 – Andersons was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/8/2018 – Andersons was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/27/2018 – Andersons was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/27/2018 – Andersons was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
NASDAQ:ANDE traded down $0.24 during trading hours on Wednesday, reaching $35.10. 113,500 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 118,907. The stock has a market capitalization of $1.07 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 30.52 and a beta of 1.35. Andersons Inc has a 1 year low of $29.60 and a 1 year high of $41.70. The company has a current ratio of 1.34, a quick ratio of 0.58 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.51.
Andersons (NASDAQ:ANDE) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 7th. The basic materials company reported $0.76 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter. The business had revenue of $911.40 million during the quarter. Andersons had a return on equity of 4.92% and a net margin of 2.68%. As a group, equities research analysts predict that Andersons Inc will post 1.88 EPS for the current year.
In other news, insider Corbett J. Jorgenson sold 1,300 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, August 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $37.90, for a total value of $49,270.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 18,399 shares in the company, valued at $697,322.10. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. 5.50% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Several hedge funds have recently bought and sold shares of ANDE. Wells Fargo & Company MN raised its stake in shares of Andersons by 4.5% in the first quarter. Wells Fargo & Company MN now owns 43,083 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $1,426,000 after purchasing an additional 1,856 shares during the last quarter. BlackRock Inc. raised its stake in shares of Andersons by 1.0% in the first quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 3,453,455 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $114,310,000 after purchasing an additional 34,048 shares during the last quarter. Citigroup Inc. raised its stake in shares of Andersons by 73.0% in the first quarter. Citigroup Inc. now owns 13,592 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $450,000 after purchasing an additional 5,737 shares during the last quarter. Stifel Financial Corp purchased a new position in shares of Andersons in the first quarter worth $1,064,000. Finally, Citadel Advisors LLC purchased a new position in shares of Andersons in the first quarter worth $341,000. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 80.41% of the company’s stock.
The Andersons, Inc, an agriculture company, operates in the grain, ethanol, plant nutrient, and rail sectors in the United States and internationally. The company's Grain segment operates grain elevators; stores grains; and provides grain marketing, risk management, and corn origination services to its customers and affiliated ethanol facilities.
Featured Story: Balance Sheet
Receive News & Ratings for Andersons Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Andersons Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.