Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded down 3.9% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 17:00 PM E.T. on April 16th. One Monero coin can currently be bought for $192.26 or 0.02404700 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Upbit, Braziliex, Qryptos and Cryptopia. In the last seven days, Monero has traded 15.6% higher against the dollar. Monero has a total market cap of $3.06 billion and approximately $43.08 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 7.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0038 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0119 or 0.00000149 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.87 or 0.00023448 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.90 or 0.00011313 BTC.
- Interplanetary Broadcast Coin (IPBC) traded 8.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002619 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.33 or 0.00016573 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded down 8.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.55 or 0.00006893 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded down 11.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0045 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0347 or 0.00000434 BTC.
- BitCoal (COAL) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0245 or 0.00000307 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Braziliex, Cryptox, Bitfinex, Cryptomate, Upbit, Mercatox, Bisq, Binance, Poloniex, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Gate.io, Tux Exchange, BTC-Alpha, LiteBit.eu, Kraken, Coinroom, HitBTC, Exrates, Qryptos, Abucoins, SouthXchange, Exmo, Livecoin, Bithumb and OKEx. It is not currently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.