Verge (CURRENCY:XVG) traded down 7.9% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 18th. One Verge coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.0263 or 0.00000350 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including SouthXchange, Coinhouse, YoBit and Bittrex. Verge has a market capitalization of $387.81 million and approximately $7.94 million worth of Verge was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Verge has traded down 32.6% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $143.81 or 0.01909860 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 11.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0029 or 0.00000039 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00003930 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00004045 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 20.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00005330 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 10.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.09 or 0.00014419 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 29% against the dollar and now trades at $1.50 or 0.00019913 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 21.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002462 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0661 or 0.00000878 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0834 or 0.00001108 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Verge is a scrypt based alternative crypto currency trying to take the popularity of both Dogecoin and Bitcoin and combine it with the anonymous features of DASH. The block time is 30 seconds and the coin operates through Proof of Work. VERGE prides itself on being a symbol of progression in the cryptocurrency world. It is a more secure, private, and evolving cryptocurrency that is backed by bitcoin, a ton of developer resources and privacy tools (located here!) Block reward: Block 0 to 14,000 : 200,000 coins14,000 to 28,000 : 100,000 coins28,000 to 42,000: 50,000 coins42,000 to 210,000: 25,000 coins210,000 to 378,000: 12,500 coins378,000 to 546,000: 6,250 coins546,000 to 714,000: 3,125 coins714,000 to 2,124,000: 1,560 coins2,124,000 to 4,248,000: 730 coinsApproximately total reward: 9 Billion (9,000,000,000) during first year then issuing 1 billion (1,000,000,000) each year after. “
Buying and Selling Verge
Verge can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Binance, Coinhouse, YoBit, Upbit, LiteBit.eu, SouthXchange, HitBTC, CryptoBridge, Trade Satoshi and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to buy Verge directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Verge must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Verge using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Verge Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Verge and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.