News stories about Universal (NYSE:UVV) have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern rates the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Universal earned a media sentiment score of 0.20 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news articles about the company an impact score of 46.9055552457927 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the media stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s analysis:
- Universal Resources (f/k/a Global Immune Technologies, Inc.) Appoints New Board and Officers (bizjournals.com)
- Woman says she was fat-shamed at Universal theme park — and she’s filing a discrimination complaint (yahoo.com)
- Angier Returns to Talbott Recovery to Take Helm of Atlanta Treatment Facility (prweb.com)
- Is Universal Identity Storage the Solution to Personal Privacy Issues? (newsbtc.com)
- Josh Goldstine Out at Universal Marketing After Investigation (adweek.com)
Shares of Universal (NYSE UVV) opened at $48.00 on Friday. The company has a current ratio of 6.15, a quick ratio of 2.78 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.27. The stock has a market capitalization of $1,254.79, a PE ratio of 36.92 and a beta of 1.12. Universal has a 52-week low of $45.95 and a 52-week high of $75.70.
Universal Corporation is a leaf tobacco supplier. The Company is engaged in procuring, financing, processing, packing, storing and shipping leaf tobacco for sale to manufacturers of consumer tobacco products. The Company’s segments include North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Dark Air-Cured, Oriental and Special Services.
Receive News & Ratings for Universal Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Universal and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.