News coverage about Riot Blockchain (NASDAQ:RIOT) has trended somewhat negative on Tuesday, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies positive and negative news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Riot Blockchain earned a news sentiment score of -0.09 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news articles about the technology company an impact score of 42.735000193358 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near future.
These are some of the media stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- Riot Blockchain shares plummet; CEO fires back at CNBC (Video) (bizjournals.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Notifies Investors of Class Action Against Riot Blockchain, Inc. (RIOT) & Lead Plaintiff Deadline – April 18, 2018 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Bitcoin Tops $11,000; Ethereum Founder Warns On Cryptocurrencies (finance.yahoo.com)
- ONGOING INVESTIGATION NOTICE: The Schall Law Firm Announces it is Investigating Claims Against Riot Blockchain, Inc. And Encourages Investors With Losses In Excess of $100,000 To Contact The Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- RIOT BLOCKCHAIN SHAREHOLDER ALERT BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL… (menafn.com)
Separately, BidaskClub cut shares of Riot Blockchain from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating in a research report on Saturday, December 30th.
In related news, CEO John R. O’rourke III sold 30,383 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, December 29th. The shares were sold at an average price of $28.61, for a total transaction of $869,257.63. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. 2.40% of the stock is owned by insiders.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY WARNING: “Somewhat Critical Media Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Riot Blockchain (RIOT) Share Price” was first reported by Chaffey Breeze and is owned by of Chaffey Breeze. If you are reading this report on another publication, it was stolen and reposted in violation of US and international copyright & trademark laws. The original version of this report can be viewed at https://www.chaffeybreeze.com/2018/02/20/somewhat-critical-media-coverage-somewhat-unlikely-to-impact-riot-blockchain-riot-share-price.html.
About Riot Blockchain
Riot Blockchain Inc, formerly Bioptix, Inc, intends to gain exposure to the block chain ecosystem through targeted investments in the sector, with a primary focus on the bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains. The Company also provides Enhanced Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) platform for the detection of molecular interactions.
Receive News & Ratings for Riot Blockchain Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Riot Blockchain and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.