News articles about Ecopetrol (NYSE:EC) have been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Ecopetrol earned a media sentiment score of 0.02 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news headlines about the oil and gas company an impact score of 45.6924177386332 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the news headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s analysis:
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. Lowers Ecopetrol (EC) to Underweight (americanbankingnews.com)
- JPMorgan Downgrades Ecopetrol SA (EC) to Underweight – StreetInsider.com (streetinsider.com)
- Ecopetrol reports on the subscription of the Declaration of the Nation … – PR Newswire (press release) (prnewswire.com)
- Ecopetrol reports on the subscription of the Declaration of the Nation in its role as Majority Shareholder (finance.yahoo.com)
- Stocks News Update: Pretium Resources Inc. (NYSE:PVG), Ecopetrol SA (NYSE:EC) – The Oracle Examiner (oracleexaminer.com)
Ecopetrol (NYSE:EC) traded down $0.17 on Tuesday, hitting $17.34. 1,448,214 shares of the stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,059,406. The company has a market cap of $35,830.00, a P/E ratio of 29.90, a P/E/G ratio of 0.28 and a beta of 1.36. Ecopetrol has a one year low of $8.44 and a one year high of $20.55. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.82, a current ratio of 1.37 and a quick ratio of 1.07.
Ecopetrol Company Profile
Ecopetrol SA is an oil company. The Company operates in Colombia, Peru, Brazil and the United States Gulf Coast. The Company’s segments include Exploration and Production, Transportation and Logistics, and Refining, Petrochemicals and Biofuels. The Company’s Exploration and Production segment includes exploration, development and production activities in Colombia and abroad.
Receive News & Ratings for Ecopetrol Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ecopetrol and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.