Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 1.8% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 15:00 PM E.T. on February 19th. One Peercoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $4.11 or 0.00036805 BTC on popular exchanges including Livecoin, SouthXchange, Bittylicious and HitBTC. Peercoin has a total market capitalization of $101.32 million and $803,614.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Peercoin has traded 14.3% higher against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,185.80 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,529.59 or 0.13773800 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $4.47 or 0.00040253 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 15.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $5.19 or 0.00046730 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $121.00 or 0.01082320 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 10.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $30.34 or 0.00271406 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.30 or 0.00029529 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OpenLedger DEX, YoBit, The Rock Trading, Bleutrade, Bittylicious, Bit-Z, Coingi, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Poloniex, HitBTC, BX Thailand, SouthXchange, LiteBit.eu, WEX and Livecoin. It is not possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.