Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 25.7% higher against the dollar during the one day period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on February 19th. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $4.32 billion and approximately $1.37 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded up 47.4% against the dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be bought for $43.16 or 0.00379407 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinFalcon, Livecoin, BtcTrade.im and DSX.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,464.30 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $948.00 or 0.08332960 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,537.89 or 0.13518200 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $222.89 or 0.01959240 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $316.01 or 0.02777720 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $139.62 or 0.01227280 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $475.37 or 0.04178550 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0806 or 0.00000708 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $8.33 or 0.00073215 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinbene, Cryptopia, Coinut, xBTCe, Gatecoin, Exmo, Coinone, Bitinka, Bittrex, Poloniex, Huobi, CEX.IO, Gatehub, Tidex, BTC Markets, CoinFalcon, BTCTurk, Livecoin, GOPAX, EtherDelta, Gemini, TOPBTC, Bitstamp, RightBTC, Tidebit, Lbank, Kraken, Quoine, Gate.io, Independent Reserve, Korbit, Bithumb, Koinex, ZB.COM, bitFlyer, Bitso, DSX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Coinsquare, Mercatox, Bancor Network, HitBTC, OKEx, Coinrail, EXX, CoinExchange, BX Thailand, COSS, Allcoin, BitGrail, WEX, ChaoEX, CoinEgg, Kucoin, Bibox, Liqui, Bitbank, ACX, BigONE, Koineks, Cobinhood, BitBay, BtcTrade.im, Qryptos, GDAX, Mr. Exchange, CoolCoin, QuadrigaCX, Bit-Z, Coinnest, Upbit, Binance, Bitfinex and YoBit. It is not presently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.