Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 2.4% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on January 21st. Peercoin has a total market cap of $142.22 million and approximately $1.20 million worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for $5.78 or 0.00049697 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including The Rock Trading, HitBTC, BX Thailand and SouthXchange. During the last week, Peercoin has traded down 29.2% against the dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11,686.70 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,795.33 or 0.15424300 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 15.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.73 or 0.00040638 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 9.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7.69 or 0.00066086 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 16.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0014 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 13.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $201.80 or 0.01733750 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 13.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $55.72 or 0.00478687 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.37 or 0.00037401 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.66 or 0.00031263 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bit-Z, Cryptopia, WEX, Coingi, SouthXchange, Livecoin, Bleutrade, HitBTC, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, LiteBit.eu, YoBit, OpenLedger DEX, Bittrex, BX Thailand, The Rock Trading and Bittylicious. It is not presently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.