Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) in the last few weeks:
- 9/15/2017 – Pier 1 Imports was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/8/2017 – Pier 1 Imports had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 9/3/2017 – Pier 1 Imports had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $5.90 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Pier 1 Imports was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/30/2017 – Pier 1 Imports was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Pier 1 Imports, Inc. consists of a chain of retail stores operating under the names Pier 1 Imports and The Pier, selling a wide variety of furniture, decorative home furnishings, dining and kitchen goods, accessories and other specialty items for the home. Additionally, the company, through certain subsidiaries, operates stores in the United Kingdom under the name The Pier. The company supplies merchandise and licenses the Pier 1 name to Sears Mexico and Sears Puerto Rico. “
- 8/12/2017 – Pier 1 Imports was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/9/2017 – Pier 1 Imports had its price target lowered by analysts at Loop Capital from $10.00 to $8.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/31/2017 – Pier 1 Imports was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE PIR) opened at 4.52 on Wednesday. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $4.37 and its 200-day moving average is $5.55. Pier 1 Imports, Inc. has a 1-year low of $3.96 and a 1-year high of $9.68. The firm has a market capitalization of $366.48 million, a PE ratio of 11.27 and a beta of 1.69.
Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, June 28th. The specialty retailer reported ($0.04) earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.05) by $0.01. Pier 1 Imports had a net margin of 1.82% and a return on equity of 13.96%. The business had revenue of $409.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $420.80 million. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned ($0.07) earnings per share. The company’s revenue was down 2.1% on a year-over-year basis. Equities research analysts forecast that Pier 1 Imports, Inc. will post $0.47 EPS for the current year.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc is an importer of home decor and furniture. The Company’s operations consist of retail stores and an e-commerce Website conducting business under the name Pier 1 Imports, which sells a range of decorative accessories, furniture, candles, housewares, gifts and seasonal products. The Company’s categories of merchandise include decorative accessories and furniture.
Receive News & Ratings for Pier 1 Imports Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Pier 1 Imports Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.