News stories about Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VKTX) have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm identifies positive and negative media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Viking Therapeutics earned a daily sentiment score of 0.06 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media headlines about the biotechnology company an impact score of 0 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the next several days.
These are some of the media headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- Corporate News Blog – Viking Therapeutics Completes Enrollment in Phase-2 study of VK5211 in Patients Recovering from Hip Fracture (finance.yahoo.com)
- What Kind of Picture Are the Technicals Painting For Viking Therapeutics Inc (VKTX)? – Evergreen Caller (evergreencaller.com)
- Chartists Place Viking Therapeutics Inc (VKTX) on Notice: Technical Update – Evergreen Caller (evergreencaller.com)
- NVS Gets Thumbs Up, Two Biosimilar Candidates To Face FDA Panel, VKTX On Track – Markets Insider (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Viking Therapeutics, Inc. (VKTX) has a value of $1.10 per share While Haemonetics Corporation (HAE) is stand at $39.33 – Stocks Gallery (stocksgallery.com)
Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) opened at 1.08 on Tuesday. Viking Therapeutics has a one year low of $0.90 and a one year high of $1.70. The company has a 50-day moving average of $1.19 and a 200 day moving average of $1.31. The firm’s market capitalization is $25.84 million.
A number of research firms recently weighed in on VKTX. HC Wainwright restated a “buy” rating and issued a $7.00 price target (up from $5.00) on shares of Viking Therapeutics in a research report on Monday. Maxim Group set a $5.00 price target on shares of Viking Therapeutics and gave the company a “buy” rating in a research report on Tuesday, June 6th.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOTICE: “Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VKTX) Earning Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Study Finds” was posted by Chaffey Breeze and is owned by of Chaffey Breeze. If you are reading this news story on another domain, it was stolen and republished in violation of U.S. & international trademark & copyright law. The original version of this news story can be read at https://www.chaffeybreeze.com/2017/07/18/viking-therapeutics-nasdaqvktx-earning-somewhat-positive-media-coverage-analysis-finds-updated.html.
About Viking Therapeutics
Viking Therapeutics, Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on the development of therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders. The Company’s clinical program, VK5211, is an orally available drug candidate, which is in Phase II clinical trial for acute rehabilitation following non-elective hip fracture surgery.
Receive News & Ratings for Viking Therapeutics Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Viking Therapeutics Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.