News headlines about Ocean Rig UDW (NASDAQ:ORIG) have been trending somewhat positive this week, according to AlphaOne. AlphaOne, a service of Accern, identifies positive and negative media coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources. AlphaOne ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Ocean Rig UDW earned a daily sentiment score of 0.20 on AlphaOne’s scale. AlphaOne also gave headlines about the oil and gas company an impact score of 81 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is very likely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the media stories that may have effected AlphaOne Sentiment’s rankings:
- Unusual Activity Spotted in Ocean RIG UDW Inc (ORIG) – Pearson Press (pearsonnewspress.com)
- Active Stock on Watch: Ocean RIG UDW Inc (ORIG) – Geneva Journal (genevajournal.com)
- Looking at the Levels on Shares of Ocean Rig UDW Inc. (NASDAQ:ORIG) – Lenox Ledger (lenoxledger.com)
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc., Announces Enhanced DrillRig Holdings Inc (“DRH”) Scheme Terms and Agreement With an Ad … – MarketWatch (marketwatch.com)
- Ocean Rig UDW Inc., Announces Enhanced DrillRig Holdings Inc (“DRH”) Scheme Terms and Agreement With an Ad Hoc Group of Noteholders of the 6.5% Notes Issued by DRH to Sign Up to the Amended Restructuring Support Agreement (finance.yahoo.com)
Several equities analysts recently commented on ORIG shares. TheStreet downgraded Ocean Rig UDW from a “c” rating to a “d-” rating in a research report on Thursday, February 23rd. Zacks Investment Research raised Ocean Rig UDW from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $0.25 price target for the company in a report on Friday, March 31st.
Ocean Rig UDW (NASDAQ:ORIG) traded up 9.1342% during midday trading on Friday, hitting $0.2294. The stock had a trading volume of 812,737 shares. Ocean Rig UDW has a 1-year low of $0.17 and a 1-year high of $3.38. The company has a 50-day moving average of $0.24 and a 200-day moving average of $1.04.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOTICE: This piece of content was first reported by Chaffey Breeze and is owned by of Chaffey Breeze. If you are viewing this piece of content on another website, it was illegally copied and reposted in violation of United States & international trademark & copyright law. The legal version of this piece of content can be accessed at https://www.chaffeybreeze.com/2017/05/20/somewhat-favorable-media-coverage-very-likely-to-impact-ocean-rig-udw-orig-share-price-updated-updated.html.
About Ocean Rig UDW
Ocean Rig UDW Inc is a Cyprus-based offshore drilling contractor that provides oilfield services for oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling, and specializes in the ultra-deepwater and harsh-environment segment of the drilling industry. The Company owns and operates approximately 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and ultra deepwater drill-ships.
Receive News & Ratings for Ocean Rig UDW Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ocean Rig UDW Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.